24/7 Crisis Hotline
ConnexOntario is a service of the Ministry of Health and Long Term Care that provides mental health, addiction, and problem gambling navigation and information services, 24/7 - 365 days/year.
- Phone: (toll free) 1-866-531-2600 – available 24/7 – 365 days/year
- Text (686868) – for youth and adults (sponsored by Kids Help Phone)
- Email and webchat options are also available by going to the website: https://connexontario.ca/
- Note: the webchat option is not a crisis line and may take longer to receive a response
Mental Health Kit for Farmers
The Ontario Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs (OMAFRA) has developed a Mental Health Kit for Farmers, to assist farmers in dealing with the stresses of owning a farm business and to improve their well-being.
Mental health resources and contact information, as well as resources to assist farmers in reducing and coping with stress, financial stress and animal welfare stress, are provided.
Mental Health & Agriculture
Farming is demanding on the best of days, and when our mental health isn’t prioritized, simple every day chores become challenging and stressful tasks. Farming requires hard working and resilient people, but this resilience can take its toll. Today’s farmers and the broader agriculture community recognizes just how important it is to Think Mental Health.
Think Mental Health's Agriculture webpage has been created specifically for the agriculture industry and is intended to connect farmers and community members to strategically picked resources. Check it out.
Canadian Mental Health Association (Ontario)
- Toll-free: 1-800-463-2338, staffed 24/7
- The Ontario 211 (Province-wide Crisis Line) provides information and referral for community, government, social and health services, including mental health resources across Ontario
- Call 2-1-1
- Toll-free: 1-877-330-3213
- Live web chat
- Contact Form
Victim Support Line
- Call: 1-888-579-2888 (connect victims of crime with community services)
Distress and Crisis Ontario or can also be contacted by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional mental health information and resources are also available through the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care web resource - Find Mental Health Support
Call: 1-888-797-0000 (on-call nurses; health-related issues, depression, anxiety)
For children, youth and young adults:
Kids Help Phone
- Call: 1-800-668-6868 (provides counselling and info for ages 5-20)
- Live web chat
- Text (686868) – this is for youth and adults (sponsored by Kids Help Phone)
- Call: (toll free) 1-866-925-5454 (provides counselling and information for youth and young adults aged 17-25)