Farmer Wellness Initiative
Farmer Wellness Initiative The Farmer Wellness Initiative provides access to free counselling services and tailored mental health support and resources to all Ontario farmers and their families.
- Phone: 1-866-267-6255 – available 24/7 – 365 days/year
24/7 Crisis Hotline
ConnexOntario is a service of the Ministry of Health and Long Term Care that provides mental health, addiction, and problem gambling navigation and information services, 24/7 - 365 days/year.
- Phone: (toll free) 1-866-531-2600 – available 24/7 – 365 days/year
- Text CONNEX to (247247) – for youth and adults
- Email and webchat options are also available by going to the website: https://www.connexontario.ca/contact-us
- Note: the webchat option is not a crisis line and may take longer to receive a response
Do More Agriculture Foundation
Do More Ag are champions for the mental wellbeing of those in the Canadian agriculture industry and are changing the culture of Agriculture to one where all are encouraged, supported and empowered to take care of their mental wellbeing.
Mental Health Kit for Farmers
The Ontario Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs (OMAFRA) has developed a Mental Health Kit for Farmers, to assist farmers in dealing with the stresses of owning a farm business and to improve their well-being.
Mental health resources and contact information, as well as resources to assist farmers in reducing and coping with stress, financial stress and animal welfare stress, are provided.
Mental Health & Agriculture
Farming is demanding on the best of days, and when our mental health isn’t prioritized, simple every day chores become challenging and stressful tasks. Farming requires hard working and resilient people, but this resilience can take its toll. Today’s farmers and the broader agriculture community recognizes just how important it is to Think Mental Health.
Think Mental Health's Agriculture webpage has been created specifically for the agriculture industry and is intended to connect farmers and community members to strategically picked resources. Check it out.
- The Ontario 211 (Province-wide Crisis Line) provides information and referral for community, government, social and health services, including mental health resources across Ontario
- Call or text 2-1-1
- Toll-free: 1-877-330-3213
- Live web chat
Victim Support Line
- Call: 1-888-579-2888 (connect victims of crime with community services)
Distress and Crisis Ontario can be contacted by texting SUPPORT to 258258
Additional mental health information and resources are also available through the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care web resource - Find Mental Health Support
Call: 1-888-797-0000 (on-call nurses; health-related issues, depression, anxiety)
For children, youth and young adults:
Kids Help Phone
- Call: 1-800-668-6868 (provides counselling and info for ages 5-20)
- Text CONNECT to 686868
- Live Chat
- Call: (toll free) 1-866-925-5454 (provides free, confidential support services for post-secondary students in Ontario)
- Text GOOD2TALKON to 686868